Is it love or dove :)




Note to Dove

I am usually too lazy to participate in contests. My blog can barely boast of 4 contests I had ever participated in. But when Dove's Guessing Game with my Friend came up I knew that I really wanted to be a part of it. Why? Actually because of two reasons:-

Firstly, because I think it's my way of saying thank you...for nurturing and taking good care of my skin. I have been using it since last 13 years, not even once I thought of using any other brand.

Lastly, it always came to my rescue whenever the experiments (new foundation, new face pack) back fired. Thank you again...Dove.
                               
                                                               ****

Having a sister is like having a best friend, who would never leave you no matter what and no matter how much you want. She is a friend who has your back, when it comes to facing or declaring war against the world ( which was pretty rare) but at the same time would happily wring your neck if you are seen wearing her favorite pair of stilettos.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have three of them. In short, I have three best friends. 

When it came to experiments my younger sister and I were more of an experimented-on than experimenters. My eldest sister would cut our hair (I don't even know how did I manage to go to school with hair looking like that)... my second elder one would experiment our faces with innovative homemade face packs from dried orange peel to lots of rotten fruits (that’s how the pack smelled like) mixed in a mixer-grinder to the most hair raising of all.. neem-multani mitti-sandal wood powder-rose water pack.

It was February 2000; I had a farewell party coming up in a week's time
. Like everyone I was very excited about the party. Honestly, I was hoping against hope that I would somehow get college's super-hero's attention. I had carefully decided my saree, stilettos (borrowed, ofcourse) to go with it. My elder sister came up with a brilliant idea that I should apply a face-pack that would bring a glow to my face (my parents weren't very keen on us going to parlors or even apply nail polishes). I was skeptical initially, but my desperation to look good was far greater, so I agreed.

My sister carefully applied the pack on my face. Initially my skin felt cool and then it gradually started burning. I told my sister that it was burning but my sister rubbished my concern and said "It's not burning, it is working" burning stopped but it started to itch. I didn't wait any longer I rushed to the bathroom and washed my face thoroughly. After I was done, my eyes fell on the mirror and my face was staring back at me. I had red, itchy patches all over my face. I couldn't help but cry. How was I supposed to go to the party looking like this? 

There was panic written all over my sister's face. I knew what she was thinking. She knew I would kill her today and make her come back to life and kill her again. With all her might she said “Apply ice, trust me it's no big deal"

"Are you crazy? I look like a monkey. You screwed up my life. I will never have a boy friend now. Every guy in the school will make fun of me. It is just because of you." I felt even more miserable after shouting at her. But I was in no mood to listen. I kept applying ice and crying all at the same time.

By next morning, with redness came flaky, peeling, dry skin. My mom gave me a cold cream to use. It was comforting but I looked really horrible.

Only two days to go and my skin were peeling endless. Itching had stopped but my skin became really dry. It was then while watching Aahat (a horror show on Sony) my sister saw Dove bar's advertisement that 1/4th of dove was moisturizer.



  

I was way too sad to notice anything. At that point of time I felt as if my perfect world has crumbled (Okay, I was a kind of drama-queen in college). My sister bought that soap. At that point of time it was one of the most expensive soaps available in the market and our pocket money wasn't that great. 

My sister didn't say anything to me. She just kept the soap on my bed. "I don't want to use anything given by you anymore."I screamed and threw the soap. 

"Just wash your face with this soap for next two days." ...and she left.

I did as she said; I guess I am way too programmed to follow my sisters blindly. 

8th of Feb was our farewell party and my skin felt amazing. My sister helped me get ready and I did get the school's heart throb's attention, but that's a different story that once he opened his mouth and said "Dude, you look really good". I, immediately knew he wasn't type. How dare he called me Dude; I am a Lady. But what the heck I had a time of my life.

Like expected all my friends said "You are glowing, is it love or dove?" I just smiled and I knew I just got my fourth best friend. ;)    














The above post is written for the Guessing game with my Friend contest powered by Dove and Indiblogger

Comments

  1. I loved the post Renu :) It really looks like Dove was responsible for you getting over your college heartthrob :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, stunning beauty deprive guys of their speaking prowess... Tumko dekhe ki tumse baatein karen...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sisterly love..Awww! My sissys are my besties too and I really can't imagine life without them... Lovely post dear. ATB :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Renu, nice post. I was just randomly reading through the entries and found this very endearing. Yes, most of us have our horror experiences with face packs, don't we. You have a nice smile. Good luck for the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. really cute post...and that ending line was very nice

    ReplyDelete
  6. face pack disaster...LOL...loved it..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything that's written abv is 100% true. It actually happened..

      Delete
  7. Sisters are so precious! Partners in crime, friend, philosopher and guide - all rolled into one! Beautiful post Renu! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice post. Though I skimmed over the details of cosmetic, I am sure Dove people will love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. But whtever I wrote abv is true.. Anyways thanks for reading my post :)

      Delete
  9. Wow nice post thanks for publishing this post.
    stock cash tips

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FUCK IT!!

My dear HUSBAND

WONDER AND LAUGH..:)