Listen to me

Google Images


I am posting a blog after a very long time. Lot of things have happened in last couple of years. Most too bleak and sad to discuss and the rest not worth discussing. I have seen highest of highs and lowest of lows in last few years. The only way I sailed through it was because of people who were there for me, listening to my sob stories day-in and day-out.

I just realized there would always be people standing by you suggesting you, what to do and what not to do... what to feel and what not to feel... what to say and what not to say. No matter how good they want things for you to be but the end result would always leave you feeling utterly horrible about yourself. You will land up questioning every action that you made, every word that you spoke... making you feel extremely incapable of handling things. As I say that, I am aware of the fact that all they wanted was good things for me and I am thankful for that.

Do you know who makes you feel extremely comfortable in such situations? Well people who are good listeners. Yes, they won't bludgeon you with their advises, they won't point out where you went wrong, what you did wrong or what you said wrong. They would just listen, quietly and patiently to every word said. Their mere touch of a hand calms you down, showing you in no words that they share and feel your pain. You know that he or she will be there standing by you, without knowing, without judging or without coming up with cures, they would be standing with you facing the reality of your powerlessness. These are kind you want around you. They are your true friends.

Word of wisdom to the void(not sure if anybody would read it)... cherish them, they are the ones that makes life easier.


Comments

  1. Thanks for writing again, Renu. In my experience, I have found that life offers up adversities to us only when we are capable of dealing with them. It might seem like we were not, but hey, it is behind you. The last year seems to have been especially difficult for many people. Like you, I too found the greatest support in people who were there to listen, quietly letting me know that I was not alone, that my pain and struggle were in no way different or greater than what many others have been through. Take care and keep writing, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have known people whom waves of adversity have shattered beyond recognition, sometimes into oblivion. I am glad you found your ships. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can so relate to what you say Renu..:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FUCK IT!!

WONDER AND LAUGH..:)

My dear HUSBAND